B2B Marketing is a leading international business information provider supporting 250,000+ marketers globally to make more informed business decisions. They produce editorial, research and report-based content and run marketing sector events, training courses and marketing awards ceremonies.
Taking over as B2B's digital partner we led on a digital transformation project providing design, tech and consultancy on ongoing development. We redeveloped their entire online offering from the ground up.
As a key lead generator for B2B Marketing, the site's primary goal is to create a seamless UX experience for local markets (especially the US and UK). Supporting this business goal was the need for seamless integration of range of web services and various organisational systems including custom ecommerce support for a varied product range. An internal business goal has been to improve workflow and efficiency with more seamless and joined up systems.
Our work with B2B extends to mapping out business flow and integration covering content (via Drupal), e-commerce (via Drupal Commerce and SagePay as payment gateway), CRM (via Salesforce), marketing automation (via Marketo), training (via Docebo platform) and events management (via AwardsForce and eTouches).
- An immediate up lift of 30% of online sales conversions
- a quadrupling of free registrations
- the enhanced customer experience has seen bounce rates dropping from c.70% to c.35%
- sessions have increased in length by 50% to c.3 pages per session
- consultancy – digital strategy, system integrations, UX driven design
- project management – user story-based requirement gathering, specification, development and testing
- client workshops (e.g. payment journeys)
- full mobile versioning
- web build (Drupal)
- numerous integrations (Salesforce, Marketo, Docebo)
- ecommerce (Drupal commerce)
- data migration
- ongoing development (multilingual offering, jobs board, further main site development, targeted personalised content)
- ongoing strategic consultancy
What advantages were gained with the Acquia Platform?
Acquia's cloud platform is supporting the entire B2B platform. We have been able to run a robust development, testing and release regime against a programme of continuous development for business critical operations for a leading international business information provider.
As part of that process we've used Acquia's workflow tool and with an eye to the future we know Acquia will also be able to support continued expansion - new audiences and new offices opening in new regions.
Winners will be announced at Acquia Engage in Boston in November 2016
“Acquia’s partners and customers are working tirelessly to raise the bar and drive the future of digital. Together we’re helping organizations develop elegant solutions that inspire and engage audiences and drive significant value for their businesses,” said Joe Wykes, Senior vice president of global channels & eCommerce at Acquia.
“This year’s honorees are working closely with Acquia to not only execute on today’s opportunities, but to also lay the groundwork for success in the world of tomorrow. The breadth of submissions was inspiring, and continues to affirm that Acquia partners and customers are setting the new precedent for exceptional digital experiences.” The full list of finalists for the 2016 Acquia Engage Awards are posted on Acquia’s website.