The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of utilising any contact, subscription and/or registration forms we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Name, Email Address
- Any other information you may voluntarily provide in other fields (E.g. in Subject and Message)
Information collected from other sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
- Your country or region, operating system and browser information from our online chat service
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Contact you in relation to any enquiries you submit via contact and/or registration forms
- Contact you in relation to any enquiries you submit via direct email
- Contact you in relation to any enquiries you submit via the online chat service
- Contact you via the online chat service if we feel you may require any assistance, but not any further if we do not receive a response to the initial message
- Contact you to receive your authorisation on if we can subscribe you for any newsletter and/or other marketing services
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share your name, email address, subject, message and/or any other information you may voluntarily provide with internal employees whom we feel will be best placed to answer your enquiries, as well as any potential third party suppliers and/or partners with whom we engage with and in which we feel will be relevant to assist with any enquiries from you. We will inform you if we share any personal information with a third party supplier and/or partner. This data sharing enables us to assist with the aim of answering any queries that you submitted. Some of those third party recipients may be based outside the European Economic Area — for further information including on how we safeguard your personal data when this occurs, see ‘Transfer of your information out of the EEA’.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of Name, Email, Subject, Message is required from you to enable us to assist with your enquiry and to ensure we provide the most accurate information as possible. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
We rely on this website and the contact methods as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are relevant and appropriate relationships (whether you may potentially become a client of ours or are an existing client depending on the type of enquiry) and web analytics.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold Name, Email, Subject and Message for the period we are required to retain this information by applicable UK tax law (currently 6 years).
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We may transfer your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to help us provide you with our products and/or services. Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. Whilst the European Commission may not have given a formal decision that such countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to such legally enforceable mechanism(s) for transfers of personal data as may be permitted under the General Data Protection Regulation that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
If you would like further information as to the safeguards we have in place in relation to international transfers of data, please contact our Data Protection Officer (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to our Data Protection Officer
- let us have enough information to identify you (E.g. your name, company name, position)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take up to 3 working days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to complain
We hope that our Data Protection Officer can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 05 April 2018 and last updated on 05 April 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. The most recent version of this privacy notice can be found on our website at https://un.titled.co.uk/privacy/. You can also request a copy from our Data Protection Officer (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
How to contact us
Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer, please send an email to [email protected], write to Data Protection Officer, Williams Commerce, 64 Mansfield Street, Leicester, LE1 3DL, United Kingdom or call 0116 3261116.